As the school year nears its end (congratulations!), students plan their summer: study abroad, traveling, summer jobs, and more.
For those who are still looking for a summer job, our On-Campus Recruiting Coordinator, Tina Haynes, shares her top three resources:
- CoolWorks: lists jobs for people who are adventurous and want to work closely with nature. It has jobs at national park, ranches, campus, travel companies, islands, and even jobs with horses and fish. This is also an amazing resource for international students.
- Oregon Employment Department Work Source Oregon → Browse Oregon jobs: browse jobs throughout Oregon, find internships, public sector opportunities, local job fairs, and hiring events.
Here are some job samplings:
- Temporary Archaeological Field Techs ($14.00–$20.00 per hour)—Eugene
- Concert Concession Servers Oregon Zoo ($12.37 per hour)—Servers Oregon Zoo, Portland
- Hop Harvester ($13.38 per hour)—St. Paul
- Farm Labor and Tree Fruit Harvesters ($13.38 per hour)—Hood River
- Sheep and goat herder jobs—($1,646 per month) Eastern Oregon
- SummerJobs.com: outdoor positions such as summer and seasonal jobs at camps, resorts, amusement parks, hotels, environmental organizations, national parks, and more.
In the meantime, know that the Career Center is always here to help you. If you need help shaping your résumé or cover letter, feel free to reach out to us. Come to 220 Hendricks Hall or call us to set up appointments with our professional career advisors at 541-346-3235.