Oregon Community Credit Union
Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
Beginning Salary Range: $12.25 - $13.50 per hour
To see a full job description and to apply, please visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/careers/opportunities/teller-full-time.
A Teller assists members with financial transactions and actively cross-sells products and services in a professional and competent manner. They complete tasks and responsibilities associated with teller transactions such as balancing individual cash drawer, cash dispensers, and vault, and maintaining accurate records. Ideal candidates will work well in a fast paced environment, and have customer service, sales, and cash handling experience.
1. Accurately process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and transfers for members in the branch or on the telephone.
3. Understand Oregon Community Credit Union's products and services and recommend services based on the members’ needs. Actively contribute to branch and Credit Union goals by participating in sales campaigns and community events. Meet or exceed individual sales goals, using effective sales techniques that result in a positive experience for the member.
4. Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance cash drawer and daily transactions. Balance vault and cash dispensers, when necessary.
5. Support other functions within the branch by performing a variety of miscellaneous tasks including cleaning and maintaining work areas and assisting co-workers when needed.
6. Make outbound warm and cold calls to members, which may be informative or sales in nature.
7. Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
2. Maintain a positive and proactive service spirit in all work. Greet members who enter the branch in a sincere manner. Ask appropriate questions to learn about members’ needs. Build positive and professional working relationships with members. Promote a cohesive team environment with co-workers.
3. To be accurate in all work performed. Accuracy is key to providing exceptional member service.
4. To stay up to date with product, procedure, and other pertinent changes. To attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform his or her job.
5. To keep track of one’s schedule and to attend work and meetings as scheduled and on-time.
Up to six months of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education.