International Paper is a Fortune 500 company, headquartered in Memphis, TN. We are a global leader in packaging and paper that provides sustainable solutions to meet the needs of businesses and customers worldwide. Our businesses include Industrial and Consumer Packaging, Uncoated Paper and market and fluff pulp. International Paper employs approximately 60,000 employees worldwide with manufacturing operations in North America, Latin America, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, Africa), Russia, India and Asia.
We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities.
International Paper’s Global Sourcing Associate Buyer is an entry-level position with a Procurement Operations focus. It is designed to give associates exposure to International Paper’s procurement strategy and purchasing processes. This begins with the strategic level elements and concludes with the implementation and sustain phase at the manufacturing locations. Our GS Associate Buyers start their careers working in a development buying position at a paper mill. During this time they build and establish knowledge of the pulp and paper manufacturing processes and of the integrated supply chain that is in place to support the mill’s operations. This first position includes carrying out a variety of purchasing related assignments at the mill. This establishes a foundation that is invaluable and becomes the start of the GS Associate Buyer’s career development. Associate Buyers participate in formal work shops and courses to supplement their on-the-job training. Global Sourcing Associate Buyers also pursue formal course work and training with certification in Lean Manufacturing processes and tools.
The Global Sourcing Associate Buyer position will prepare individuals for movement in Global Sourcing’s career progression. The Associate Buyer position leads to the Mill Facility Buyer position at one of our primary mills. After the Mill Facility Buyer position, the successful individual can pursue positions of increasing responsibility at the mills in Global Sourcing positions, or, in Corporate roles in Global Sourcing and Global Supply Chain. The additional experience and knowledge garnered in the manufacturing environment form a key foundation for future leadership positions within the Global Sourcing and Global Supply Chain organizations.
• Analyze market and industry conditions to execute buying strategies
• Assist with the development of supply recommendations
• Analyze quotations, select or recommend suppliers and schedule deliveries
• Purchase materials parts, supplies and equipment following established purchasing policies and procedures while optimizing price, delivery and terms
• Negotiate contracts for implementation
• Participate in the development of specifications and requirements
• Follow up with vendors regarding order status, and obtain certification when orders are delivered
The Global Sourcing Associate Buyer will be assigned to one manufacturing location within the United States. Candidates will be given an opportunity to provide preferred locations, however final location placement will be based on availability as determined by the Regional Procurement Manager. Associate Buyers report to the facility Purchasing Manager and the Regional Procurement Manager who is ultimately responsible for the Associate Buyer’s development.
International Paper offers an attractive compensation plan including comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental, 401 (k), and relocation assistance when applicable.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business Management, Marketing, Logistics, Transportation, Purchasing, Engineering, Operation Management, Material Management or Supply Chain)
• Authorized to work in the United States with a 3.0 G.P.A or better
• Geographic flexibility
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Above average computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
• Self-starter as demonstrated by prior summer or intern work experience and/or involvement in campus activities, clubs, student government, etc.
Submit your resume through Duck Connect.
INTERNATIONAL PAPER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V