The Eye Center is seeking a part-time Administrative Intern (8 hours, weekly)!
OVERVIEW OF POSITION: This is a very challenging support position and the bar will be set very high in what is expected of you. In this position, you will be expected to learn, or understand, a great deal about filling in very detailed medical forms correctly and help facilitate patient care. Our staff is not only highly intelligent, focused and capable, but very friendly, outgoing and generally happy people who enjoy interacting with patients and fellow staff alike. If, after reading this overview, you feel that you are up to this challenge, and will contribute greatly to our culture, please read further.
Essential Job Duties
• Participates and is involved in a variety of projects that support the needs of the department / facility.
• Is assigned a mentor for training, evaluation, and support.
• Gains knowledge of the department's / practice functions.
May job shadow various roles within the department in order to understand their role in the organization.
• Works with other members of the department / practice to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Attends team / department meetings and actively participate / take on opportunities to share knowledge and skills that are pertinent to the meeting.
• Provides front end staff operational / clerical support to the department / practice, i.e. making reminder calls; processing referrals and faxes; answering phones as needed; scheduling patient appointments using Centricity.
• The Intern will receive a certificate of completion upon fulfillment of their requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS: As an Administrative Intern you should be prepared to learn:
1) About the inner workings of an ophthalmology practice;
2) Patient care and support;
3) Working with the practice software Centricity. We provide training and support of the chosen candidate. Positive, motivated, demeanor a must!
Please send a resume via email or via post to 1550 Oak Street, Ste 3, Eugene, OR 97401.
OUR VALUES and WHAT WE STAND FOR: the last 20+ years The Eye Center has been a leader of in the field of ophthalmology, with some of the most highly qualified and experienced eye surgeons in the state. We have achieved our position through constant focus on four simple values (What
We Stand For:
1. Treat each and every patient with the respect and care that we would provide our own dearest loved ones.
2. Facilitate an organizational culture that helps all of our staff (from our doctors, to technicians, to our front office personnel) reach their highest personal and professional potential.
3. Work with the most advanced technology to continuously advance in our knowledge and understanding of world-class ophthalmology.
4. Vigorously engage in philanthropic activities (aka "giving back"). Because of these four points, our patients love us, our staff is highly qualified, we are able to deliver some of the most advanced patient care one can receive, all while giving back to our community!
FURTHER INSIGHT ABOUT US: Want to read more about our practice, what we’re up to outside of work, or get involved in our local and international philanthropy? Check out the following links!
Our official webpage: www.oregoneyecenter.com
Our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/The-Eye-Center
Our philanthropy: www.givemesight.org