JOB CODE: OHA17-0299
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 04/26/17 11:59 PM
SALARY: $3,727.00 - $5,231.00 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
AGENCY: Oregon Health Authority-Public Health
This employment opportunity is with the Public Health Division (PHD), Office of the State Public Health Director (OSPHD) which is part of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). There is one full-time, permanent position located in Portland (800 NE Oregon Street). This position is classified as management service, non-supervisory and is not represented by a union.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Safety and Business Continuity Coordinator for the Public Health Division coordinates and reports activities related to employee injury and OSHA documentation with the OHA/DHS Safety Officer. This position evaluates safety hazards and incidents, identifies trends, makes recommendations and executes necessary actions to ensure the Public Health Division complies with OSHA, federal and state safety regulations. In addition, this position monitors and tracks safety and risk trends, collaborates with staff to improve safety processes, and provides safety training to staff and management.
This position works with the Director of Program Operations and the Health Security, Preparedness & Response Section to advance the division's business continuity plan within Public Health and its divisions, as well as develop a system-wide plan with the Department of Human Services. This position also coordinates special projects for the Office of the State Public Health Director and the Program Operations Unit as needed.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the knowledge and skills related to this position:
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to three years technical-level experience demonstrating the knowledge and skills related to this position.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, applicants will be reviewed against the following criteria.
• One year of experience in project management and organizational development.
• Knowledge and experience with safety and risk management.
• Knowledge and experience with business continuity planning.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Action oriented, dynamic, driver personality type necessary to maintain order, remain calm, and influence others during emergencies or crisis situations.
• Good oral and written communication skills, research and data gathering skills and the ability to summarize written information into an understandable and accurate final product.
• Ability to present clear, concise information to the public.
• Ability to be self-directed and initiate activities on behalf of agency professional staff.
• Well-developed people skills and customer-oriented service approach to working with others, including a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work productively in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Please visit the following link to complete the online application: