Founded in 1983 and headquartered in San Jose of California, MA LABS is a leading global computer product distributor. The company's product line encompasses everything in the PC, including memory modules, CPUs, storage products, motherboards, multimedia, video graphic cards, communication products, notebooks, and Microsoft products.
We have been featured in Forbes 500 and numerous business journals.
For more information please visit our website at www.malabs.com
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant at our San Jose headquarter, California. This is a full-time position based at our San Jose HQs, California.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assist product manager in sourcing, negotiating, implementing and administering long term supply agreements for the assigned commodity areas. Key responsibilities include participating in cross-functional teams, researching best commodity practices, achieving cost reduction initiatives and executing sourcing strategies.
• Establish and maintain an efficient and effective supply chain base through the selection, qualification and ongoing management of suppliers and subcontractors related to MA Labs’ services to include advance electronic raw materials, computer parts and components, printed circuit boards and various computer systems for manufacturing advanced Cluster, Server and Storage Solutions; This encompasses all aspects of the supply chain from identification, recommendation, negotiation through to the ongoing evaluation of suppliers who have been selected to provide materials and services that support the short and long term goals of MA Labs;
• Study and analyze technical data, design specifications, product specifications, and production schedules of our products to forecast immediate and future needs and formulate professional procurement strategies of products;
• Analyze costs, conduct research and forecast for professional procurement and supply chain activities in procurement of electronic raw materials and components such as semiconductors, integrated circuits, memories, chipsets, and other peripheral products;
• Confer with vendors, customers, and management, material planners, and engineers to obtain, select, and negotiate price, ascertain availability, and formulate delivery schedule; may solicit, evaluate, and recommend quotations of vendors;
• Negotiate purchase order terms and conditions; Structure purchase order based on corporate guidelines and objectives; Coordinate and facilitate sales order/transaction logistics within production and procurement group, the procurement of electronic raw materials and components according to cost, quality and quantity specifications for manufacturing materials/components, daily production schedule and shipping details;
• Maintain computerized procurement record using specialized programs to monitor quantity of items purchased, analyze costs, keep track of freight delivery, product quality and performance, and inventory to ensure the procurement fit into the company’s worldwide supply chain management;
• Study sales record and inventory levels of company, identify foreign and domestic suppliers and keeping abreast of change affecting both the supply and demand for needed products and materials;
• Evaluate vendor’s offered quality, availability, reliability and technical support in choosing supply source; organize and participate in the selection and management of vendors in global area, building long-term and stable partnership with vendors according to headquarters’ procurement strategies, in order to keep consistent supply, to reduce the cost of procurement, and to obtain competitive advantage in procurement area.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
•Strong negotiation and communication skills
•Must be initiative, well organized and detail oriented
•Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in fast paced working environment
•In-depth understanding of PC component market
•Previous purchasing or sales experience in PC industry is a plus
•Manufacture experience is a big plus