The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Under the supervision of the Activities Director work to create a high quality program for every camper.
Salary Range: $165-225 per week plus room & board
Dates of Seasonal Employment: June 5-September 5, 2017
Ensure the safety, well-being and personal growth of campers. Be an active and supportive member of the Team and the Unit and a positive member of the entire staff community. The Mountain Biking Specialist must demonstrate positive, professional role modeling at all times, acting in a manner that is consistent with the staff code of conduct and the philosophy, goals, and objectives of YMCA Camp Collins. Must remain on-site from Sunday Camper Check-in to Saturday Check-out unless on a scheduled time-off.
1.Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into your work.
2.Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, campers and families.
3.Ensure the Physical and Emotional Safety of Every Camper
4.Develop and Improve Mountain Biking Programming
5.Provide Engaging and Positive Activity Instruction in Archery Program Areas
6.Be a Positive Member of the Staff Community
7.Perform other duties as assigned
* First Aid Certification
* Adult, Child, & Infant CPR and AED Certification
* Must pass a YMCA background check
To meet American Camping Association (ACA) accreditation standards, at least 80% of the staff need to be 18 years or older. In addition, all camp staff must meet the specified requirements below. All staff is at least sixteen (16) years of age and at least two (2) years older than the minors with whom they are working.
MINOR CAMP/GRADE - POSITION TITLE - MINIMUM AGE REQUIRED
All Camp Units 1st-9th - Unit Counselor - 16 years
Day Camp 1st-6th - Day Camp Counselor - 16 years
Pioneers 2nd-4th - Cabin Counselor - 18 years
Explorers 5th-6th - Cabin Counselor - 18 years
Questors 7th-9th - Cabin Counselor - 18 years
Specialties/Programs (Aquatics, Equestrian, Challenge etc...) 1st-9th - Program Staff/Specialist -18 years
Teen Camp 9th-11th - Teen Counselor - 20 years
* Experience working with youth
* Graduate of Counselor in Training Program
* Requires strong communication skills, positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, dependability, creativity and ability to work and problem solve as a team player.
* Mental and physical ability to deal with high stress situations and work well under pressure
* Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
* Ability to connect with campers and staff.
* Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical abilities to act swiftly in an emergency situation;
* Ability and willingness to learn on the job in an environment that changes quickly.
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please see job Description