Deadline to apply: May 1, 2017 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $93,265.00 – $132,477.00 Annually
Have you heard the news? It's an exciting time to join Metro's Recruitment team! Where else can you recruit for accountants to park rangers, planners to animal keepers, and recycling specialists to theater ushers? Metro has it all!
While Metro offers a diverse array of positions, we are also hard at work building a diverse workforce utilizing an equitable hiring lens, proactive partnerships with hiring managers, and community outreach. The only thing that's missing is an enthusiastic, collaborative and talented leader to help us get there. Could this be you?
A day in the life of the Recruitment Manager includes:
• Leading the agency's efforts to conduct equitable hiring and ultimately achieve the agency's goal of hiring, training and promoting a diverse workforce;
• Developing and recommending Recruitment related policies, procedures and projects demonstrative of Metro's values and responsive to best practices and innovation in the field;
• Advising team members on the variety of issues that arise during a recruitment;
• Fostering a fun, positive and productive environment for a team of 5.5 full time staff through clear communication, responsiveness to team member's needs, and setting clear performance goals;
• Implementing the recruitment related portions of the agency's Strategic Equity Plan through collaboration with the recruitment team, the HR leadership team, agency directors and managers, and other partners such as the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team; and
• Supporting community outreach through participation at job fairs, employer spotlights and various events.
Metro's values of Public Service, Excellence, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation and Sustainability provide the framework for who we are and how we conduct our work. The Recruitment Manager must support these values through the leadership of their team and program. This position reports to the HR Director.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field, five years' experience leading or supervising staff, and two years related project management experience in recruitment/selection; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.