The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) is a state agency dedicated to helping people and communities achieve optimum physical, mental and social well-being through partnerships, prevention and access to quality, affordable health care. We are absolutely committed to ongoing innovation in the delivery of services, and to recruiting, developing and retaining dedicated employees.
OHA includes most of the state's health care programs, including Public Health, Health Policy and Analytics, Health Systems Division, and Oregon State Hospital. Incorporating the state's health care programs within one agency gives the state greater purchasing and marketing power to begin tackling the issues of cost, quality, and access to care.
This employment opportunity is with the Office of Information Service – Shared Services, under the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). There is one full-time, permanent position located in Medford (909 Royal Court). This position is classified and represented by a union.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides primary day-to-day support to OHA/DHS staff located in Jackson County, for the maintenance, repair and use of personal computers and information systems. Tickets for work performed are entered in to the unit's ticket tracking system known as CA. This includes support for local area networks, servers, wide area network infrastructure, and common and standardized software. IT business processes that are adhered to in performing day-to-day support includes incident management, change management, asset management, configuration management and other applicable IT service management functions. May provide secondary/backup support to other DHS/OHA staff and partners in other parts of the state as needed. During down times, this position will provide back up to help resolve service tickets or take phone calls for the Service Desk.
Two years of professional information systems experience which includes developing, maintaining, and installing information systems, and analyzing systems.
Experience must include activities in
• Communications: Communication means the connections that link systems and includes voice, data, image, and video.
• Software: Software means the programs, procedures, rules, and associated documentation concerned with operating a system and covers both applications and operating software.
• Hardware: Hardware Device means the physical components (e.g., PC, server, mainframe, peripherals).
• Data: Data means data bases and associated master files;
(a) at least 30 quarter (20 semester) credits in computer science; OR
(b) two more years of information systems experience.
• Strong background encompassing all aspects of Information Technology that relates to desktop computers, local and wide area networks, and general computer operations.
• Solid understanding of the Windows Operations System and how to fix issues that occur in it.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
• Experience with both Outlook 2013 and Lync 2013.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016).
• Desktop OS experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
• Experience working with Ethernet-related technologies.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• LAN/WAN Infrastructure and networking experience.
Please follow the link below to submit an application.