Founded in 1983 and headquartered in San Jose of California, MA LABS is a leading computer product distributor. The company's product line encompasses everything in the PC, including memory modules, CPUs, storage products, motherboards, multimedia, video graphic cards, communication products, notebooks, and Microsoft products.
Company website: www.malabs.com
• Install software, patching, upgrading and maintenance of Linux OS.
• A thorough understanding of Linux-based operating systems, TCP/IP networking, troubleshooting, and security.
• Possess substantial experience and depth of knowledge in several areas of system administration, e.g., monitoring, security, storage, performance tuning, load balance.
• Backup and disaster recovery operations.
• Experience network monitoring tools such as Hyperic, Cacti, Zabbix, Nagios, MRTG.
• Experience in Linux LAMP environment.
• Proven skills in virtualization and migration of existing servers with VMWare, Xen.
• Experience with NetApp Filers, CIFS, Snapmirror, cluster.
• Webserver tuning, Database tuning, mysql replication to balance database load.
• Manage an international, 24-7/always-on, multi-site infrastructure powering the Proofpoint services, maintenance, tuning, troubleshooting, securing and backup of systems
• Design, implement, and operate a scalable and reliable systems infrastructure supporting a fast-growth hosted service
• Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the infrastructure
• Troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues
• Capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure
• Developing and maintaining processes, tools, and documentation in support of the production environment
• Participate in evaluation of new software, hardware and infrastructure solutions
• Participation in a once a quarter on-call rotation and be available 24/7 in a 4th tier escalation capacity
• Experience with medium- to large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
• Strong working knowledge of Linux systems and applications including MySQL, Ajax, Java, Apache, Perl
• Tools development experience in scripting and development of systems automation tools (using shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years hands on detailed Linux experience
• Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (nagios, cacti, etc.)
• IP network experience: significant experience with switching/routing/security/slb/gslb
• Experience with FreeBSD, SUSE and CentOS
• Experience with VMware or XEN based virtualization
• Team-player who is flexible and able to work with end-users and production issues simultaneously.
• Experience running mid-size 24x7 production systems (more than 300 servers).
• Good working knowledge of NFS and NIS.
• Good knowledge of operating system internals, file system structures and machine architectures in a UNIX operating environment.
• Experience with enterprise backup systems.
• 2+ years professional experience administering one or more enterprise level Linux operating environments.
• 2+ years professional experience administering network utilities such as Sendmail, Bind, SSH, TCP/IP.
• Hands on installing and managing servers.
• Assist with Fiber SAN and iSCSI network design/implementations.
• Experience with NetApp storage solutions desired
• Knowledge of Postgres