The Service Coordinator coordinates and monitors the service plan including integration of support team members, key agencies and youth participants. This position is responsible for providing crisis intervention, maintaining a positive milieu, creating behavior management plans and overall case coordination for youth and family participants assigned to caseload.
1. Acts as case plan coordinator:
a. Facilitates a youth self-assessment of values, strengths, and needs.
b. Assesses cultural needs of youth and families.
c. Writes case plans with youth, families, and support team members.
d. Facilitates regular team case staffing.
e. Assists youth in working towards goals and facilitates access to necessary services.
f. Maintains contact with legal guardians in accordance to policy in case plan.
g. Evaluates client’s progress at least once every 3 days.
h. Provides backup case coordination for assigned co-worker
i. Ensures that pertinent documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner (i.e. log. files, agenda check off list, statistics, etc.).
j. Maintains aftercare case management and contact.
2. Provides crisis intervention counseling and service coordination for telephone and walk-in clients.
3. Oversees the operation of the telephone crisis and service linkage system.
4. Acts as shift coordinator on scheduled shifts.
5. Provides transportation for program activities.
6. Provides training to program staff and volunteers, and supervises assigned volunteers.
7. Acts as a positive role model and provide leadership and motivation for youth and staff.
8. Plans and implements group programs and activities.
9. Maintains a clear and positive milieu and implements program policies and procedures.
10. Networks with other social service agencies and professionals in a manner that would provide the client with the best possible social support system without breaching confidentiality.
11. Ensures appropriate information is shared when needed in accordance with confidentiality policy.
12. Coordinates a special project area and/ or individualized task as assigned.
13. Participates actively in staff meetings and trainings.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social science or related field.
2. Certification(s): (list any relevant certification(s)).
3. Experience: One-year experience working with youth and families under MSW preferred.
4. Availability: Variable shifts. Early mornings, evenings and weekends.
5. Driver’s License: Valid in Oregon, acceptable record, and insurability under Agency’s auto insurance.
6. Ability to work effectively as a member of an integrated team.
7. Ability to work effectively with runaway/homeless youth and their families, assisting them with crisis intervention, behavior management, access to social services and overall case management.
8. Ability to organize and coordinate the activities of the service providers.
9. Ability to represent and promote program within the Agency and in the community.
10. Ability to relate effectively with youth, parents, community, and referral sources.
11. Ability to work in a stressful, unstructured environment, and maintain a positive mental attitude.
12. Good communication skills (written and verbal).
13. Cultural sensitivity and experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
15. Professional appearance appropriate to the position.
16. Commitment to Looking Glass Mission and Values.
To apply and view a full job description, please visit: www.lookingglass.us/employment/
- A Looking Glass application must be completed. You may choose to attach a resume to your application, but a resume cannot be submitted in lieu of a complete application.
- Should you apply to multiple openings, a separate application is required for each position.
Looking Glass offers a competitive benefits package to all employees with 0.5 - 1.0 FTE, including medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off and more! Looking Glass is committed to recruiting employees who reflect the diversity of our community and the youth and families we serve. Cultural competency is a must! If you are looking to experience the best practices in social services with top professionals, Looking Glass Community Services is the place for you!