Nationwide construction company with annual sales of $12+ Million is looking to fill a newly created position of Assistant Controller. Position will report to the Vice President -- CFO and will work closely with Sales Department. The primary focus of this position will be 1. Contract Administration, 2. Job Cost Reporting and 3. General Ledger/Month-end Procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to take the next step in their career path, with plenty of growth potential.
To be effective in this position, the right candidate must have exceptional accounting skills, strong communication skills (written and presenting), and be able to listen to the needs of others then develop and implement the proper reports to convey the necessary information to the end-users.
- Review and assist in negotiating all contracts for various projects.
- Research, apply, and maintain various Cooperative Purchasing Agreements/Multiple Award Contracts.
- Work with accounting staff in maintaining and producing Job Cost reports for all projects.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Managers in monitoring and reporting project budgets, performance, and scheduling.
- Assist CFO and other staff in month-end close and management of General Ledger
- Review monthly and quarterly financials as related to budgets, and work with staff responsible for maintaining budgets in order to monitor overall company performance.
- 3-5 years' experience at a staff accountant level
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and other accounting regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, job costing, reporting)
- Experience reviewing and negotiating job contracts in construction industry
- Reporting experience in Multiple Award Contracts (e.g. GSA, CMAS, TXMAS, etc. . .)
- Understanding of Work in Progress, or similar valuation methods
- Working knowledge of MS Office and accounting software (preferably Sage)
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA or CMA) is a plus