IS Architecture is a dog-friendly, award-winning architecture firm that specializes in Custom Residential and Historic Preservation. We are a small, casual office of 10 seeking a recent graduate with Revit training to join our team.
The Entry Level Architectural Staff works under the direction of the Principal Architect and Project Managers; primary responsibility of supporting Project Managers with planning, coordination and drafting for custom residential and historic preservation projects through all phases of design and construction document development. Additional duties will include permit running with various building departments in San Diego County and taking as-built measurements.
• Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited architecture program
• Proficiency with Revit
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
• Additional degree or certificate in Historic Preservation
• Architectural design office experience
• Experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Work experience on residential and institutional properties
• Ability to develop and flesh out a basic sketch from a project manager in Revit; design creativity
• Experience in all phases of design, knowledge of state building code and local planning processes, design detailing, construction documents, and submittals
• Sketch capabilities
• Ability to prepare a full set of Construction Documents
• Ability to manage time efficiently while working on multiple tasks on multiple projects
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, clients, and consultants
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team of people
• Self-motivated and self-directed individual able to work in a team environment
• Ability to perform site visits and walk-throughs on active construction sites
• Focused on technical accuracy
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Positive and optimistic attitude
• Resourceful and willing to bring and share new ideas
• Organized and time efficient
• Knowledge of the Secretary of Interior’s Standards
• A passion for historic preservation architecture
Qualified applicants should submit the following:
□ Cover Letter (please address how you meet the 2 job requirements listed above)
□ Revit examples (Construction Document set of drawings and details)
□ Minimum of 3 References
□ Salary history/expectations
Please apply only if you have a serious interest in the position. We are looking for someone who is interested in developing a long-term commitment. Out of region candidates may apply, though compensation for relocation will not be considered. Part-time will be considered for 2017 graduates if still in school. Candidates must be ok with dogs and must be able to provide their own transportation.
Most importantly, we need someone with the right work ethic and attitude. Someone that can anticipate when someone needs assistance, or when something needs to be done. Someone that can take initiative. Someone that can communicate effectively and ask questions. Someone that is willing to jump in head first to keep things afloat when the need arises. And someone that can take a joke (a good humor is appreciated here).
DO NOT send general broadcast letters and portfolios. IS Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email your resume with all the attachments listed above to:
5649 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037