Software Quality Associate
This position is scheduled to start in May/June 2017
General Functions and Outcomes:
• Work with teammates to prevent and detect defects throughout the product lifecycle.
• Evaluate the appropriateness of software solutions for customers and the enterprise, and enable delivery team productivity.
• Participate on project scrum team. Manage personal work backlog using agile practices.
• Apply industry-standard methods to develop, automate and execute unit, component and system-level tests.
• Review specifications, software designs, code and tests.
• Report test results, submit defects and verify defect fixes.
• Write test plans and build test cases with direct involvement from business customers.
• Ensure that reliability considerations have been adequately addressed during the development life cycle.
• Contributes to and supports the corporation's quality initiatives by encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation's quality improvement efforts.
• Provide project information to the project manager and lead developer
• Provide updates to Management as required
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Computer Science degree program with a scheduled graduation date of spring 2017. Candidates who have completed their degree in the last six months are also encouraged to apply.
• Minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average.
• Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Ruby, Python or C#.
• Ability to react quickly and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to learn, apply and follow company best practices.
• Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical project team members.
• Able to work well with business customers and engineering partners.
• Technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren't satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/rpt2cwdbvwxr5mxd