This position will sit in either our Lake Oswego, OR office or Vancouver, WA office.
The Senior Project Manager 1 is responsible for managing the development and execution of a variety of transportation related projects. The person in this position must be a licensed engineer in the state of primary practice, or should be licensed in a different state with the ability to get a license within 6 months of hire. A key requirement for this position is to have a broad technical background across a variety of disciplines, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to quickly assimilate complex technical information. The person in this position is also expected to demonstrate a high level of proficiency related to project management and roadway or bridge engineering and provide leadership and guidance to less experienced team members as necessary. A successful Senior Project Manager 1 should be an accomplished seller-doer, with the ability to identify, develop, and win new project opportunities and simultaneously manage multiple medium to large sized design projects. Ideally, the successful candidate has existing relationships with clients in the Northwest Oregon and/or Southwest Washington region. This role also requires excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to coach and mentor other employees across a diverse range of experience and skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development of moderate to complex project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
• Help develop, teach and apply OBEC standards and best practices
• Provide design oversight and senior level technical reviews
• Meet with potential clients and teaming partners to develop new project opportunities
• Lead pursuit development efforts, and produce technical content for moderate to complex project proposals
• Coach and mentor project managers and other project team members
• Write accurate and comprehensive scopes, schedules and budgets
• Manage project teams to meet scope, schedule and budget objectives
• Provide other high level internal leadership functions within the division and company
• Be a visible company ambassador at industry functions, conferences, and other events
• Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background in roadway project management
• Perform other related duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, structural) from an accredited university and at least eight (8) years of transportation industry design experience. In addition to at least eight (8) years of transportation industry experience, the position requires at least five (5) years of experience as a project manager.
*Preference will be given to those candidates with a strong background in roadway project management
This position requires a Professional Engineering license in any state, with the ability to get a Professional Engineering license in the state of primary practice within 6 months of hire.
• Preference will be given to those candidates with a strong background in roadway project management
• Strong understanding of roadway/highway/bridge engineering design standards and principles
• Exceptional technical, planning, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to consistently produce, and hold others accountable for, high quality and timely work
• Business development skills that include identifying, developing, and winning a substantial and consistent amount of project work.
• Previous project design experience that includes working with multi-discipline teams and leading design efforts on a variety of transportation projects including but not limited to roadways, highways, bridges, intersection improvements, drainage improvements, and bicycle/pedestrian facilities.
• Previous project management experience that includes working with multi-discipline teams and managing design efforts on a variety of transportation projects
• Ability to prioritize and successfully deliver multiple simultaneously occurring projects, pursuits, and other assignments
• Experience analyzing and improving internal procedures to maximize efficiency and firm-wide project quality.
Please go to our website (www.obec.com), click on the careers section, and fill out the employment application. This application is required and you will not be considered for this position without submitting the application.
Please also include your cover letter, resume, and any transcripts that may be required for this position.
OBEC Consulting Engineers is committed to being an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran status and disability status. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or another other characteristic protected by law.