The Teacher-Substitute is responsible for implementing educational services for at-risk high and middle school students in an accredited alternative program operated in partnership with local school districts.
1. Implements education curriculum, for high school or middle school-aged youth with diverse educational levels and needs.
2. Provides tutorial instruction to youth as needed.
3. Uses computer for classroom applications and record keeping when appropriate.
4. Maintains accurate records for school district purposes and contract compliance.
5. Supervises students while on breaks.
6. Completes other tasks as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree.
2. Certification(s): Secondary Teacher Certification from State of Oregon preferred.
3. Experience: Minimum two years classroom experience working with at-risk, learning-delayed and youth with special education needs, ages 11-21.
5. Driver’s License: Valid in Oregon, acceptable record, and insurability under Agency’s auto insurance.
6. Ability to effectively supervise youth and to motivate and interest them toward education.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to relate effectively with youth, parents, and community resource providers.
9. Ability to work effectively as a member of an integrated team.
10. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
11. Commitment to Looking Glass Mission and Values.
12. Cultural sensitivity and experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
13. Experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
14. Familiarity with Oregon’s Education Reform
15. Good communication skills (oral and written).
16. Knowledge of education programs, community resources, and approaches for at-risk youth.
17. Professional appearance appropriate to position.
18. Strong math skills helpful.
To apply and view a full job description, please visit: www.lookingglass.us/employment/
- A Looking Glass application must be completed. You may choose to attach a resume to your application, but a resume cannot be submitted in lieu of a complete application.
- Should you apply to multiple openings, a separate application is required for each position.
Looking Glass offers a competitive benefits package to all employees with 0.5 - 1.0 FTE, including medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off and more! Looking Glass is committed to recruiting employees who reflect the diversity of our community and the youth and families we serve. Cultural competency is a must! If you are looking to experience the best practices in social services with top professionals, Looking Glass Community Services is the place for you!