Department Information: The office of International Affairs (OIA) works to make the University of Oregon a more global university. OIA works to support and integrate the wide range of international engagements, global-scale projects and transnational partnerships launched and maintained in our many academic units. The University of Oregon is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seeks candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its diverse community.
Purpose of Position
The IPMP Assistant reports to the International Student Advisor who directs the International Peer Mentor Program. The IPMP Assistant will help support the peer mentors and assist with the assessment and programming initiatives to help reach program goals and objectives. Student available during the full 2017-18 academic year are especially encouraged to apply.
Description of Duties:
• Organizing applications, files and other paperwork as directed.
• Assisting with assessment and data compilation for the International Peer Mentor Program.
• Participate in International Student Orientation (ISO) activities and help direct the peer mentors during ISO.
• Assist with data analysis and other research aimed at improving the first-year experience for international students.
1. Current UO student in good academic standing.
2. Knowledge of general office practices, including basic computer skills, preferably Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
3. Experience living in other cultures. Prior international experience a strong plus.
4. Flexible, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and be a self-starter.
5. Ability to work and effectively communicate with a diverse group of students.
6. Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality and manage information in accordance with FERPA UO policies and procedures.
7. Ability to be courteous and professional, especially during times of stress. Interest in international education.
• Experience with mentoring and mentor-mentee relationships.
To apply for the position, please submit your cover letter and resume indicating your interest in the position to email@example.com. Application deadline is August 24, 2017. Interviews are intended to be from August 28-September 1.