The mission of Success Academy is to reimagine public education. This means finding profoundly different approaches to how we structure, implement, and support schooling. To realize our radical vision, we reconceive every aspect of school design, from writing rigorous new curricula to drawing regularly on advances in technology, business, and social/civic practices.
Over the past decade, Success Academy has grown faster than any charter network in the nation, building a vibrant network of 46 elementary, middle, and high schools. Our nearly 15,500 scholars – mostly poor and minority – are outperforming students at top city and suburban schools across New York State. With our oldest scholars entering 12th grade, we are fast-approaching the irrefutable proof point that zip code does not have to determine destiny.
From the very start, Success Academy’s progress has been fueled by the generosity of individual and institutional philanthropists—a strong community of supporters determined to reverse the shameful national inequities in educational opportunity. While financial sustainability has always been our goal, funding from individuals, foundations, corporations, and competitive government grants has been critically important for start-up of new schools, new scholar programs, and reform efforts that are crucial to our scaling, the development of intellectual property and innovative tools and programs without which our success would not be possible.
The Associate Director of Donor Engagement is a new position that will report directly to the Senior Managing Director for Advancement. The department of Advancement consists of several teams that are critical to fulfilling the Success Academy mission. This department leads the effort to secure critical philanthropic support, broaden our community of support, manage all activities pertaining to our boards of directors, and strengthen our outreach to all constituencies.
We are seeking a creative, innovative and strategic thinker to develop, introduce, and maintain a program that will result in current and new government, corporate, foundation and individual donors having a stronger understanding of, and engagement with, our organization and our mission. The program will foster future giving from prospective donors and continued support from current donors.
• Approach donor engagement from the perspective of the current or new donor;
• Develop an integrated program that will acknowledge, recognize, and celebrate donors;
• Develop a communications plan for donors and prospective donors that supplements the broader SA communications plan;
• Work closely with frontline fundraisers to develop individualized stewardship plans that will include personalized reports, touch point communications, school tours, meetings, volunteer opportunities and small events;
• Proactively work with other departments to fully understand engagement opportunities at SA;
• Develop initiatives that are uniquely designed to encourage non-donors to philanthropically support SA;
• Record all engagement activity in Raiser’s Edge.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
• 3-5 years of relevant experience;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• A true belief in the impact and importance of philanthropy;
• Demonstrated understanding of donor cultivation and stewardship, fundraising and customer service;
• High level of organization, time management, and attention to detail;
• Proficiency in working with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
• Skilled at problem solving, diplomacy, and discretion;
• Understands the importance of fostering productive relationships with school and network-based teams;
• Mission-driven individual with a commitment to educational access and equity for all children.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.