The candidate will rotate through several departments and be responsible for multiple tasks. This rotation will provide the candidate a well-rounded perspective of the agency.
The sales department is responsible for generating new business (as well as retaining existing business) to the agency. The candidate will assist the sales department by:
• Creating sales lead lists for producers
• Contact carriers to obtain industry specific questions to ask prospects
• Cold call and obtain basic insurance information
The servicing department is responsible for maintaining the existing business and plays a critical role to the agency’s viability. The candidate will assist the servicing department by:
• Assisting account managers with several tasks related to existing clients:
o Certificates of insurance
• Assisting the wholesale department with document distribution to sub-agents
• Ordering loss runs as needed
• Running expiration reports as needed
• Entering policy information in our Agency Management System (AMS)
• Assisting account managers with clerical tasks as needed
The accounting department is responsible for all financial records of the agency. The candidate will assist the accounting department by:
• Completing check logs
• Assisting processing monthly commission statements
The marketing department is responsible for properly submitting applications to the agency’s insurance carriers. The marketing manager must decide which carriers to use for new (and renewal) business and coordinate communications between the underwriters and the producers. The candidate will gain experience in:
• Assisting producers complete new business applications
• Assisting the marketing manager to follow up with existing submissions
• Contacting underwriters to help determine proper market selection
• Scanning and sorting carrier marketing materials
• Requesting E&O certificates from wholesalers
The benefits department is responsible for generating new business and maintains existing business related to commercial benefits. The candidate will gain exposure to the benefits industry by assisting the department in:
• Assisting with new and renewal quotes
o Sending requests for proposals to carriers
o Following up with carriers on submitted quotes
In addition to the departments above, the candidate will experience additional tasks related to the agency. Some of these items include:
• Running and reviewing management reports related to monthly budgets
• Miscellaneous administrative tasks
• Additional tasks as needed
The goal of this internship is to introduce students to the role of an insurance intermediary in the industry. The candidate will actively participate in the daily activities of the agency and learn how the agency interacts between carriers and clients. The candidate will be exposed to all aspects of the agency: sales, account management, marketing, accounting, management, carrier relationships, etc.
Brown & Brown Insurance is a publicly traded corporation ranked as one of the top ten largest insurance brokers in the country. The candidate will obtain real world experience and full time opportunities will be considered based on performance.
Brown & Brown of California
2401 E. Katella Ave., Suite 550
Anaheim, CA 92806
We are open to work around the candidate’s schedule.
The targeted time frame is 6 months to a year but may vary depending on the candidate’s availability.
$11.00 per hour