At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
• Learn more about the Pathways program here: Amazon Operations - Pathways Leadership Development Program (MBA/MS)
How would you like help define strategy and operational plans that leverage smart people, innovative processes, and emerging technology while supporting Amazon’s mission of being the ‘world’s most customer centric company’? The Pathways Operations Leadership Development program will challenge you to push boundaries and lead transformative innovation while having the autonomy to make rapid decisions and use data-driven decisions to invent customer solutions. If you do it right, in a few years you could own a business unit with hundreds of millions of dollars in capital and annual variable costs and be empowered to rapidly improve and innovate while leading and developing large teams.
The Pathways Operations Leadership Development program is seeking determined, high potential graduates who are ready to tackle challenges head on and grow into Amazon's next General Managers, Directors and VPs. Talented individuals are crystalized into great leaders through crucible experiences - leadership opportunities that result in life changing lessons and drive people to accomplish great things. You’ll have a chance to take on progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network designed to stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential and test your analytics capability. The leadership lessons you learn and the credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and quickly prepare you for effective executive leadership.
A Pathways Operations Manager begins their career at Amazon with the unique experience of being a front-line manager in our Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Transportation, and Customer Service network to master the tools, processes and operations culture needed to lead at Amazon. Our Pathways participants have experiences ranging from leading hundreds of people through our busiest time of year, to helping us to design the fulfillment centers, transportation strategies, and customer service innovations of the future.
Pathways Operations Managers work in a variety of Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Transportation, and Customer Service roles across Amazon. Some examples of innovations led by Pathways or recent Pathways graduates include:
• Establishing International Operations: Was the architect for the launch of supply chain and operations in India and Mexico.
• Amazon Prime Now: Developed the delivery strategy and helped to launch Prime Now in the US and internationally.
• Apparel Fulfillment: Led the design and implementation of apparel fulfillment processes for Amazon, setting the operational foundation for Amazon Fashion (soon to be largest apparel retailer in US).
• Amazon Prime Air: Designed the strategy for a dedicated Amazon air transportation network and helped to launch Amazon One, Amazon’s first cargo airplane.
Our Pathways program is designed to be a fast track to leadership and we provide the support to help you get there through challenging opportunities, mentorship, and engagement with senior leaders. For over 10 years, the Amazon Pathways program has attracted innovative, talented leaders who are now highly influential Senior Leaders and Executives in critical areas of Amazon's business, in locations all over the world. If you are pioneering and want to build and learn to lead large teams at scale, join us in making history.
"Part of company culture is path-dependent—it's the lessons you learn along the way." – Jeff Bezos
For full-time positions based in the United States, Amazon will consider H-1B sponsorship only for former interns receiving full-time offers. Additionally, Amazon will consider individuals currently in H-1B status who have at least two years of H-1B eligibility remaining, or individuals who are eligible for work authorization in visa categories other than the H-1B. Individuals in F-1 status with optional practical training (OPT) will often require H-1B sponsorship, and therefore, must meet the criteria above independent of OPT eligibility, to be considered for a full-time position in the United States. For full-time positions outside of the United States, Amazon will consider visa sponsorship in most locations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application and graduated before start date
• 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to master’s program
• Intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and drive to get stuff done
• 4+ years of work experience prior to your MBA including academic and/or internship experience
• Experience in operations, general management or engineering fields
• Proven track record of both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
• Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of an organization
• Comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
Application Instruction and Information:
In order to be considered for interviews you must complete the Amazon online application via the link below in addition to your school application. When submitting your application via the Amazon site, you will be asked to submit your job location preferences. Through your school career center, please submit individual applications to all roles in which you are interested (up to five positions). Should we decide to move forward, you will receive an email within five business days of the application deadline regarding next steps. This email will include information regarding our Online Assessment and Writing Exercise, which is where you will submit role preferences.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.