At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2016 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into a billion dollar business? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? The pace of innovation is accelerating at Amazon, and the breadth of our businesses is expanding. Amazon’s growth requires leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products and solve complex problems.
As a Senior Product Manager (PM) within Amazon, you have the opportunity to invent new products and features on behalf of customers. You will get to work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption, segmenting customers and developing business models, defining and analyzing success metrics, and managing strategic projects.
From Day 1, PMs are given ownership of large products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data-driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. Over your career, you will be exposed to multiple businesses and products, and pushed to grow into senior- level managers who independently run large business segments and organizations.
PMs work in various organizations across Amazon, including Kindle, Seller Services (including Marketplace, Amazon Payments, and Fulfillment by Amazon), Amazon Global, Prime Photos, Ad Products, Prime and Delivery Experience, North American Retail, and Logistics & Transportation. Some examples of PM roles filled by recent MBA hires include:
• Amazon Marketplace: Lead new category expansion and growth (e.g., Handmade) through improving customer experience and seller success. Manage both internal and external partner relationships, determine pricing structures, and define long-term category strategy.
• Kindle Content: Innovate on behalf of the customers by developing new ways to create and consume digital content. Launch new categories of content.
• Amazon Payment Products: Lead the development of new payment products to improve the customer experience around paying on Amazon, increase customer access to credit products, and continue expanding the world’s largest Gift Card program.
• Supply Chain Optimization Technologies: Design and implement programs that enable sustainability, including reduction in waste and energy utilization, and preservation of natural resources.
• Amazon Prime/DEX: Drive the next generation of Prime member acquisition on devices (including Kindle). Work with cross functional teams of designers, software engineers and others to determine, design, and implement new features, growing Prime presence and member base.
If you’re entrepreneurial and want to innovate, build, and own transformative products and features, join us in making history.
For full-time positions based in the United States, Amazon will consider H-1B sponsorship only for former interns receiving full-time offers. Additionally, Amazon will consider individuals currently in H-1B status who have at least two years of H-1B eligibility remaining, or individuals who are eligible for work authorization in visa categories other than the H-1B. Individuals in F-1 status with optional practical training (OPT) will often require H-1B sponsorship, and therefore, must meet the criteria above independent of OPT eligibility, to be considered for a full-time position in the United States. For full-time positions outside of the United States, Amazon will consider visa sponsorship in most locations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application and graduated before start date
• 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to master’s program
• 4+ years of work experience prior to your master’s degree including academic and/or internship experience
• Pre MBA product management experience or other relevant professional experience
• Interest in technology, and technology-enabled features and services
• Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others
• Intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and drive to get stuff done
Application Instruction and Information:
In order to be considered for interviews you must complete the Amazon online application via the link below in addition to your school application. When submitting your application via the Amazon site, you will be asked to submit your job location preferences. Through your school career center, please submit individual applications to all roles in which you are interested (up to five positions). Should we decide to move forward, you will receive an email within five business days of the application deadline regarding next steps. This email will include information regarding our Online Assessment and Writing Exercise, which is where you will submit role preferences.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.