At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into a billion dollar business? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology, and want to work with cutting edge products, and some of the world’s most exciting companies? The pace of innovation is accelerating at Amazon, and the breadth of our businesses is expanding. Amazon’s growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done.
As a Senior Product Manager-Technical Products (PMT), you will assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical products. These products might be hardware offerings, software, or technical services. PMTs will be expected to dive deep into the technology from both a product and customer perspective. Customers may include developers, IT departments, or enterprise CIOs from the world’s best companies. To succeed, a PMT needs to have technical acumen and a passion for technology.
From Day 1, PMTs are given ownership of large products, the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant transformative innovation. Over their careers, successful PMTs will be exposed to multiple businesses/products, and will grow into senior level managers who independently run large business segments and organizations.
PMTs work in various organizations across Amazon, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Video, Alexa and Appstore, and Supply Chain Technologies. Some examples of PMT roles filled by recent MBA hires include:
• Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2): Perform cross-platform product management of EC2 through investigating the creation of new businesses, building a software channel, defining specifications for new servers and instance types, improving the developer experience, rolling out new regions, and re-pricing the offering.
• Amazon Database Services: Own a service that makes "web-scale" big data analysis accessible to everyone from large pharmaceutical companies to individual game developers. Grow the service from a niche into a major business.
• AWS Mobile: Own a brand new service offering that enables mobile developers to manage user identities and data synchronization across devices. Drive all aspects of product management from features to pricing to launch activities. Work with Business Development and Sales to identify and win major customers and define follow on product and business opportunities.
• Amazon Music & Video, Appstore and Games: Work with software engineers to design, build, and launch new experiences for customers around music and video, appstore, games, and software. Lead demand generation for the business, which includes customer segmentation, marketing, and big initiatives to improve the customer experiences.
• AWS Marketplace Strategy for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): Build a business case for offering SaaS through AWS Marketplace. Build a pipeline of potential products and a strategy for recruitment. Work with engineers to determine possible technical implementations and build a mockup of the customer experience.
If you’re entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build and own transformative technology-driven products, join us in making history.
For full-time positions based in the United States, Amazon will consider H-1B sponsorship only for former interns receiving full-time offers. Additionally, Amazon will consider individuals currently in H-1B status who have at least two years of H-1B eligibility remaining, or individuals who are eligible for work authorization in visa categories other than the H-1B. Individuals in F-1 status with optional practical training (OPT) will often require H-1B sponsorship, and therefore, must meet the criteria above independent of OPT eligibility, to be considered for a full-time position in the United States. For full-time positions outside of the United States, Amazon will consider visa sponsorship in most locations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application and graduated before start date
• 3 years of industry or military work experience prior to master’s program
• 4+ years of work experience prior to your master’s degree including academic and/or internship experience
• Undergraduate CS, Engineering, Science, or Math degree and/or product management experience
• Passion for technology, willingness to dive deep into the technical products Amazon is building, and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• Strong written and verbal communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems and work well with cross functional teams
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to influence others
• Intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and drive to get stuff done
Application Instruction and Information:
In order to be considered for interviews you must complete the Amazon online application via the link below in addition to your school application. When submitting your application via the Amazon site, you will be asked to submit your job location preferences. Through your school career center, please submit individual applications to all roles in which you are interested (up to five positions). Should we decide to move forward, you will receive an email within five business days of the application deadline regarding next steps. This email will include information regarding our Online Assessment and Writing Exercise, which is where you will submit role preferences.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.