Amazon is headquartered in Seattle, WA, but we also have exciting opportunities in many of our locations across the US!
Please apply at: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559210
If you are interested in multiple locations including Seattle HQ, please apply through this main posting only.
If you are primarily interested in a different specific location below, please ONLY apply to the location you are most interested in (choose one).
Austin, TX - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559211
Boston, MA - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559212
Denver, CO - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559213
Detroit, MI - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559214
Herndon, VA - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559215
Madison, WI - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559216
Minneapolis, MN - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559217
Phoenix, AZ - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559218
Pittsburgh, PA - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559255
Portland, OR - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/559332
Toronto, ON - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/560115
Vancouver, BC - https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/560114
Bay Area or New York City - please apply to this main posting
Do you want take ownership on projects utilizing cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your work?
Amazon is growing, and we need Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done! SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale. They own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology which impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
As an SDE at Amazon, you can expect to design flexible, scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations; Amazon Web Services, e-Commerce Services, Kindle, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies, and Retail.
• Pursuing or have received Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
• Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C++/C)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Work well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.