At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for a full-time role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2016 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
Do you want to play a role in how start-ups and enterprises serve their customers? Do you enjoy taking on problems that have never been solved before? Are you fearless, able to scale quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility projects? CloudPath, AWS Infrastructure Leadership Development Program, will give you the opportunity to work on innovative challenges in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver impactful results to Amazon’s customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the cloud computing industry, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to enterprise, start-up, and government customers around the world. AWS is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
Infrastructure is the engine behind AWS; we use repeatable processes and automation to deliver what AWS sells to customers, including Amazon.com. AWS Infrastructure delivers the servers, network and data center capacity, which AWS offers as a Cloud Compute service.
We are looking for high potential MBA graduates with a diverse skill set, who are ready for and excited by cutting edge innovations and are ready to take on ambiguous problems as a CloudPath Program Manager.
CloudPath assignments are true leadership development opportunities, high impact, complex and ambiguous. The CloudPath program is designed to prepare high-potential candidates for senior roles through a structured framework of activities to help candidates acclimate themselves into a fast-paced working environment. This 24-month program will focus on training, onboarding, community building, and empowering participants to take charge of their success in their career in AWS Infrastructure. Mentorship and professional networking are also integrated into the program to enhance the functional skills of the candidates.
Some examples of CloudPath roles filled by recent MBA hires include:
• Improving the effectiveness of the team’s negotiation strategy, evaluating processes used by other procurement specialists across the company and delivering a strategy to reduce cost of services used by AWS.
• Develop large-scale systems to enable a holistic supply across multiple spend categories.
• Ensuring we have the server inventory to keep up with the growth of Amazon’s business units; maximizing utilization while minimizing waste. Developing metrics and processes for tracking and optimizing in-stock hardware inventory. Defining mechanisms to track customer demand versus inventory, ensuring we are not over or under stocked.
• Develop intelligent systems for forecasting, ordering and tracking capacity across 2500 (and growing!) capacity pools while maintaining a billion dollar plus capex budget.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent Master’s level program at the time of application and graduated before start date.
• 3-4 years of industry or military work experience prior to Master’s Program
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to pull your own data. Experience with SQL and advanced Excel
• Start-up mentality
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal or written) complex problems understandably to a broad audience
• Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risk management
• Strong leadership and management experience (or demonstrated potential)
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• The ability and interest to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
• Driving out-of-the-box thinking and influence across all levels of an organization
• Comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Engineering or other technical backgrounds is not required
Application Instruction and Information:
In order to be considered for interviews you must complete the Amazon online application via the link below in addition to your school application. When submitting your application via the Amazon site, you will be asked to submit your job location preferences. Through your school career center, please submit individual applications to all roles in which you are interested (up to five positions). Should we decide to move forward, you will receive an email within five business days of the application deadline regarding next steps. This email will include information regarding our Online Assessment and Writing Exercise, which is where you will submit role preferences.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary.