UOTeach Curriculum and Teaching / Licensure Program in the College of Education is seeking a University of Oregon student to assist with a variety of educational outreach and communications-related projects for the 2017-18 academic year. The student will contribute directly to developing alumni outreach, supporting equity work with K-12 partner teachers, and assist with program communications.
Key Outreach Projects
1. Fall roll out of TeachOUT DuckFunder (Oct 13)
2. Equity & Social Justice Teach-IN (Dec 2)
3. GSA Youth Leadership TeachOUT (May 24)
4. Alumni advocacy and communications
5. Assist with a variety of research, communications, and planning
These key projects represent opportunity for growth and responsibility. The student will be able to work professionally addressing a variety of research, communications, and planning needs.
• Support office team by greeting departmental visitors and maintaining an organized work space
• Gather teacher project grant, educational training, summer course, workshop, and teaching opportunity information for alumni communications via social media and targeted mailings
• Research teacher funding and advocacy opportunities
• Assist with production of video communications for online audience
• Enhance existing alumni Facebook and social media communications through promotion of job search tools, services, events and educational articles
• Support social media engagement with alumni, track growth and usage
• Run communications campaign focused on alumni teacher stories and testimonials
• Participate in various outreach events; on and off campus
• Respond to other duties as they arise
• Interest, enthusiasm, and knowledge for k-12 public education and teachers
• Experience with and/or commitment to working effectively with others from diverse backgrounds in support of an inclusive and welcoming environment
• Ability to synthesize information, tell a story, and share it via text and video
• Ability to manage a variable work flow throughout the term
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people tactfully, efficiently, and professionally, in person, via e-mail and/or social media
• Knack for design and layout in communications
• Tech savvy, with videotaping and learning new software and social media tools
• Proficient with Mac tools, such as Office 365 and Adobe Suite
Goals: What you will gain from the student job:
• Learn more about educational outreach partnerships and opportunities in our community
• Work with a cross section of variety of educational professionals striving to promote and improving k-12 public school education
• Provide valued input on branding and communication needs for career teachers
• Communicate clearly and creatively using a variety of channels including social media, blogging, website and emails.
If you have questions about the position, please feel free to call Amy at 541-346-1360.
Please send: short introduction, resume, sample design portfolio (if available), copy of work study award, and contact information of two references to Amy Harter at firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to Lokey Education building, suite 124 by 5:00pm on Friday, September 29. Put "HireMe - UOTeach" in the subject line.
All positions are hourly (no GE opportunities); please include the number of hours you are available each week term and the earliest you can start working. Materials will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. The position and projects are for the academic year.