The Senior Developer is a primary resource for the development, implementation of, and integration of 3rd party solutions to the Credit Union’s universal data store and enterprise service bus. If you have matching experience and want to be part of a dynamic and growing Credit Union, consider applying today!
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we strive to provide remarkable value and unparalleled personal guidance with every interaction. We focus on member service, community involvement and providing value to our more than 135,000 members with every decision we make. In exchange for high levels of work performance, dedication and innovative thinking, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging, fun, open, and engaging work environment that motivates them to stay with us over the long haul. Benefits include a robust 401(k) program with employer match after 6 months; medical, vision, and dental coverage that starts the month after hire; life insurance and much more.
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Beginning salary range: $104,000 - $130,000 per year
1. Research and inform the selection of appropriate open standards database technologies for the creation of a universal, relational data store to serve as the single source of record for Credit Union operations.
2. Research and inform the selection of appropriate open standards development technologies for the creation of an enterprise service bus to facilitate diverse 3rd party integration requirements to the Credit Union data store.
3. Design, development, implementation, integration, and ongoing support of a redundant, highly available data infrastructure supporting the Credit Union data store.
4. Design, development, implementation, integration, and ongoing support of a universal, relational data store to serve as the single source of record for Credit Union operations.
5. Design, development, implementation, integration, and ongoing support of an enterprise service bus to facilitate diverse 3rd party integration requirements to the Credit Union data store.
6. Integration, maintenance, and support of existing database and software systems.
7. Build processes and procedures for sustainable database development.
8. Document end to end data flows, including points of control with 3rd parties that host a system of record.
9. Design, develop, maintain, and support database packages, processes, stored procedures, and queries related to the extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) processes.
10. Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
11. Be responsible for data profiling, source-target mappings, SQL tunings, and optimization.
12. Participate in the full life cycle of project and resource management activities of all development work.
13. Review, streamline, and maintain documentation of existing data infrastructure and integration technologies.
14. Create, revise, and maintain documentation of evolving data infrastructures and integration technologies.
15. Develop detailed technical specifications and documentation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
16. Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
17. Create processes and procedures for report development, testing, and deployment.
18. Modify existing software to correct errors or issues, and allow it to adapt to new hardware to improve its performance.
19. Engage peers across any and all lines of business to ensure consistency and open communications.
20. Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices.
21. Keep current with latest versions of database and reporting software, techniques, and practices. Research new ideas in reports/database development.
22. Analyze database report requests and reporting enhancements, estimating effort and delivering.
23. Provide Technical Assistance staff with backup for support calls as needed.
24. Troubleshoot and resolve reports escalation cases.
25. Other duties as assigned.
1. To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
2. Maintain a positive and proactive service spirit in all work. Promote a cohesive team environment with co-workers.
3. To be accurate in all work performed. Accuracy is key to providing exceptional service.
4. To stay up to date with product, procedure, and other pertinent changes. To attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform his or her job.
5. To keep track of one’s schedule and to attend work and meetings as scheduled and on-time.
• Experience with object-oriented development and service-oriented architecture.
• SQL, SQL*Server development experience is required. Experience developing in C# is a plus.
• Expert understanding of system architecture and component design.
• Expert understanding of database architecture and design.
• Ability to anticipate and design for performance bottlenecks.
• Ability to choose and leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging, security, and persistence techniques when appropriate.
• Ability to clearly communicate detailed explanation of their choices with pros and cons.
• Adept in risk management and communicating the before mentioned to their peers.
• Self-managed and capable of mentoring/leading others in projects or other development work.
• Credit Union experience is a plus.
• Recently demonstrable evidence of experience requirements in a practical (not academic) setting.
• Advanced degree(s) in computer science, or career evidence of equivalent experience of 10 or more years.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
Oregon Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To find out more about Oregon Community Credit Union career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
To see a full job description and to apply, please visit us at: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/828b91c0-e17a-fbef-7cbc-187....