Who is Oracle?
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), please visit us at oracle.com.
What is the role?
The Materials/Backlog Planner will support the manufacture and delivery of complex, integrated hardware and software solutions to Oracle's customers. Primary areas of responsibility include: managing of customer orders from initial booking, through scheduling, material procurement, and build and ship; working with sales, engineering, manufacturing, and product teams as systems are being designed and built; participating in supplemental projects, assignments and process improvement initiatives.
What will I do?
• Backlog management: review and action new and changed customer orders
• Provide daily status updates on all orders in backlog
• Schedule orders to appropriate ship dates
• Monitor and resolve planning related issues to enable timely order shipment
• Work with materials procurement team to ensure all material infeed is on order and on track per required build start dates
• Load tools and create system transactions required to initiate builds
• Ensure bill of materials (BOMs) are correct and complete for orders
• Review build documentation for pertinent scheduling information
• Communicate order changes (date push outs, date pull ins, priority builds, qty decreases/increases, cancellations etc.) to affected groups
• Participate in team meetings and process improvement initiatives, and meet metric goals
• Manage and action excess and obsolete and inventory
What are you looking for in a candidate?
• BA/BS in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Supply Logistics/Planning, Economics, Statistics
• GPA 3.2 or greater
• 0-1 year of work experience
• Proficiency with desktop productivity tools (e.g. spreadsheets, text documents, presentations)
• Problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company procedures
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills, excellent at managing data at a detailed level
• Creative thinker, able to define, implement and/or lead process improvement activity
• Ability to exercise discretion and use good judgment in the course of executing daily responsibilities
• Able to address and resolve ambiguity; prioritize, multitask, and work independently
• Self-starter capable of learning "on the fly"
• Ability to work off shifts
Preferred Qualifications / Skills
• MRP/MPS experience using an ERP system, Oracle preferred
• Industry experience working in buying, planning or master scheduling
• Project management courses of study or experience