Reports to: Director of Development and College Advancement
Term of Employment
Annual: position July 1 – June 30 Type: .75 FTE (30 hours a week; .25 FTE of position is grant funded through September 30, 2018)
Leave in accordance with current TBCC Policy 312 and corresponding regulations.
Under the guidance of the director of development and college advancement, the marketing specialist will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of an annual communication and marketing plan for Tillamook Bay Community College and program support for the Tillamook Bay Community College Foundation.
Principal Duties and Functions:
• Copy Writing – Write, edit, proofread and distribute press releases, radio promotions, and news articles under the direction of the director of development and college advancement.
• Graphic Design - Design and produce newspaper ads, posters, fliers, event programs, banners and other promotional material using Adobe InDesign.
• Publication Coordination - Coordinate the production of publications including the term course schedule, annual college catalog, foundation newsletter, and annual report providing copywriting and design support as needed.
• Material Development - Develop promotional materials from concept to completion for academic programs and student success initiatives working cross functionally with the student services and academic teams.
• Brand Management - Maintain brand guidelines and train others including third parties on appropriate use. Maintain the digital assets of the organization and meet compliance responsibilities. Respond to general inquiries for artwork, digital assets and brand templates.
• Manage supplies and expenses – track and manage all marketing supplies and expenses and process invoices.
Digital and Social Media Management: (5%)
• Serve as primary content developer for social media channels under the direction of the director of development and college advancement.
• Work with multiple contributors across the college to develop social media content and keep a calendar of material to post.
• Maintain the Constant Contact email marketing database and develop email campaigns as directed.
• Support the development of content for the TBCC website and be responsible to maintain the News and Events section. Serve on the website strategy committing.
• Schedule and coordinate logistics for video productions and photoshoots including site preparation, participants and all compliance components.
Foundation Program Support: (25%)
• Develop targeted communication materials for programs of the TBCC Foundation.
• Write donor profiles and micro site content for online scholarship program.
• Develop and coordinate donor stewardship materials and logistics for special events including the annual scholarship luncheon.
• Write student success stories and donor profiles for the Foundation web pages and other distribution channels.
• Serve as primary content developer for Foundation newsletter and manage semiannual logistics and distribution.
• Associates degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field with at least three years of experience in an office environment.
• Experience using social media platforms for promotions.
• Experience writing and editing marketing materials and/or internal and external communications.
• Experience designing professional promotional materials.
• Experience in project and/or event coordination.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personal initiative and can-do positive attitude.
• Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Must be able to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to achieve positive results.
• Ability to deliver accurate and timely information to meet program needs.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with a flexible attitude.
• Strong attention to detail with superior organizational capabilities.
• Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
• Proficient computer skills, including adept typing ability and operation/troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows operating system and applications.
• Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field with at least three years of experience in an office environment.
Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a minimum of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may also be mailed to: Tillamook Bay Community College Attn. Human Resources 4301 Third Street Tillamook, OR, 97141
To print application go to: http://tillamookbaycc.edu/tbcc-employment-opportunities/ Choose the staff application packet. Application cannot be filled out on-line.
Candidate selected for hire must provide official academic transcripts. Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.