Welcome students, staff, and the general public. Provide information on daily events happening at the Baker Downtown Center and on current program offerings. Answer multi-line phones, take registrations and payments for courses and events, and route calls to departmental and campus partners.
University of Oregon Academic Extension brings the university’s fine teaching and research to our regional community. In our role as the gateway to the university, we work closely with academic partners from across the university campus to provide innovative, learner-focused, educational opportunities to a wide audience.
We assist academic partners, community organizations, and local businesses to create professional development opportunities through both academic credit and continuing education.
We are currently looking for a motivated and mature student to act as a Registration Assistant to support several programs and provide reception at the UO Baker Downtown Center, 975 High St., Eugene.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Staff reception during open hours and provide customer service via multi-line phone, e-mail, and walk-in patrons
• Serve as a resource for students, faculty, and the general public
• General office support: Photocopying, filing, folding, mailing, packet preparation
• Conduct research projects in support of various program initiatives
• Utilize department technology (Outlook, browser-based project management tool, relational database, etc.) for task management and collaboration. Training available
• Make phone calls to students, faculty, and campus/community partners as needed
• Receive and sort mail and deliverables
• Scan and file records utilizing established naming conventions
• Control inventory relevant to front desk area and maintain a tidy work area
• Know the layout of the Baker Downtown Center Building and classrooms
• Event registration/check-in on occasional evenings and weekends
• Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office
• Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
• Be alert to any situation or condition which may require immediate attention
• Maintain confidentiality around student records, office, and program members
• Other projects as assigned by supervisor
Fall term we are looking to staff shifts M/W 1:30-5 and T/Th 9:30-2, plus other hours as available. Student work schedules are adjusted each term to balance our customer service needs with our staffing abilities. As soon as class schedules are determined, student assistants work with their supervisor to create a work schedule. The office will be staffed Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., with occasional weekend and evening work needed. Phones and front desk reception have priority over other work. If you work more than 6 hours in a day, you are entitled to an unpaid half hour lunch break. For every 4 hours you work, you are entitled to a 15-minute break.
• Previous experience providing customer service.
• Detail-oriented, responsible, punctual, and reliable.
• Professional conduct and appearance; able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
• Possess the following qualities: personal maturity, dependability, motivation, initiative, integrity, positive attitude, responsibility, discretion, and effective leadership abilities.
• Strong interpersonal, telephone, written and electronic communication skills.
• Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
• Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and committed to providing a consistent quality of customer service.
• Highly organized and able to keep track of assignments and deadlines.
• Cash handling experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations.
• Previous applicable experience strongly preferred..
Submit a cover letter expressing your interest and relevant experience, plus a resume. Attach both as a single PDF to an email directed to Larissa Ennis, Sr. Program Manager, at email@example.com.
To ensure consideration, please apply by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 18, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. Application reviews will begin September 18 and interviews will be scheduled soon after. The anticipated position start date is Monday, September 25.