The RightsNow! Project Intern will work closely with the RightsNow! team at MIUSA’s office in downtown Eugene, Oregon, USA to support the design and implementation of major project activities. Tasks may include:
• Trainings and Technical Assistance: Assist with preparations for in-country trainings and ongoing technical assistance activities. This may entail tracking logistical arrangements, organizing training materials, gathering country-specific and disability-related content, and organizing photos from the field.
• Online Resource Center: Assist with the development of new website content to meet the needs of international stakeholders. This may entail collecting resources, soliciting and editing article submissions, formatting photos, converting documents to accessible alternative formats, and assistance with efforts to promote the website internationally. All information available on the resource center will be designed to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
• U.S. Consortium: Support the RightsNow! U.S. consortium, which may entail data entry, organizing files via GoogleDrive, scheduling meetings, formatting documents with project branding guidelines, transcribing documents, and notetaking.
• Organizational support: Assist with general office tasks as needed such as organizing files and office supplies, attending organization-wide meetings, and supporting other projects with priority tasks.
• Completion of at least one year of post-secondary education in international development, international studies, law, political science, disability studies, communications or related fields
• English proficiency (written and spoken)
• Experience or interest in disability issues, diversity, international development and/or human rights
• Computer experience and skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and GoogleDrive
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent detail-oriented, organizational, and prioritizing skills
• Experience in a non-profit, civic or governmental, or international context
• Professional or personal experience working with people with disabilities
• Knowledge of creating accessible Word documents, PDFs, and other alternative formats highly preferred
• Experience in developing website and social media content
• Knowledge of Spanish or Vietnamese or Armenian highly preferred
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
To apply for an internship, please complete a cover letter and resume and send these materials to Chloe Crawford, Intern & Volunteer Coordinator, via email at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
• What is your interest in interning with Mobility International USA?
• What strengths will you bring to the RightsNow! Project?
• What parts of the RightsNow! internship particularly interest you?
• What is your experience and/or interest with international development, law, and/or disability rights?
Also, please indicate your availability from October – December 2017, including how soon you are available, other commitments that may conflict with your MIUSA internship and number of hours per week you are available.
MIUSA is an equal opportunity organization. People with disabilities, women, and minorities, are encouraged to apply. MIUSA appreciates your interest in promoting equality and opportunity for persons with disabilities worldwide. We look forward to hearing from you!