The University of Oregon Conference Services (UOCC) and Academic Extension works with educational associations from around the globe to support their efforts in hosting annual conferences and meetings across the nation.
UOCC is looking for 4 motivated students with a passion for promotions and marketing to join our flourishing team of sales specialists and to help with our promotional campaigns.
As a student specialist, you will contact potential exhibitors by phone and email inviting them to learn about exhibiting opportunities at various educational events. In addition, specialists will be responsible for maintaining and updating our extensive marketing database.
Successful students may be invited to stay for longer-term positions and to take on additional job responsibilities.
A desirable candidate should present the following special attributes:
• Excellent phone voice, etiquette and communication skills (Be sure to respond to this point in your letter of interest described below)
• Strong work ethic
• Dependable and punctual (Be sure to respond to this point in your letter of interest described below)
• An upbeat, positive attitude
• A desire to succeed
• Enjoyment for engaging in conversation
• Ability to interact with a wide variety of people both in person, telephone, and email
• Work well in a team environment
• Develop positive relationships with potential customers
• Accurate data entry and computer skills
• 3.0 GPA or greater (Be sure to include in your letter of interest)
Applicants should email a letter of interest and resume to Lisa Sorenson at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Letters of interest must include a self-assessment of your phone voice, phone etiquette, communication skills, dependability, and GPA as well as information about how you exhibit the other desired special attributes.