RVK is a national firm with headquarters in Portland, OR and regional offices in New York, NY and Chicago, IL. We provide unbiased general investing consulting services to nearly 200 institutional clients. Our clients include corporations, public retirement systems, Taft-Hartley funds, non-profit organizations, non-pension operating funds, and high-net-worth individuals and families. The heart of RVK is our team-centered approach to client service, provided by our experienced team of consulting professionals. RVK's commitment to independence and no conflicts of interest is second to none.
The Investment Analyst provides critical support to RVK’s consulting team. The Investment Analyst is responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly investment performance reports in accordance with RVK’s standards as well as responding to ad hoc internal and external client requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare standard and customized investment performance reports, executive summaries, investment policy reviews, fee analyses, fund profile reports, memos, investment manager commentary, investment manager watch list reports, PowerPoint presentations, rebalancing analyses, socially responsible investing analyses, investment manager structure studies, and a variety of special projects at the request of internal or external clients on a daily, monthly, and/or quarterly basis with required levels of timeliness, quality, accuracy, and adherence to RVK and department standards
* Communicate with internal and external clients, investment managers, custodian banks, index vendors, and other third-party data providers
* Collect, input, analyze, and reconcile data
* Calculate, analyze, and interpret numerous financial statistics at the investment manager, composite, index, and peer group level
* Review, edit, and proofread materials as requested
* Gain the knowledge and time-management skills necessary to peer review deliverables; the peer review is intended to catch errors that may have been inadvertently missed by the investment analyst
* With assistance, define key messages and use creativity in presenting ideas, recommendations, and information to internal and external clients
* Observe/participate in internal and external client meetings and team projects when requested
* Provide timely responses to internal and external client questions/requests and be proactive in supporting their success
* Certification by Bloomberg Professional Services for the Bloomberg Terminal within 90-days of employment
* Gain proficiency in PARis, IMDM, RADAR, AltInvest, Insignis, Bloomberg and SharePoint)
* Maintain monthly and quarterly due dates, to do lists, checklists, and procedures
* Work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; follow through and up on assigned tasks (team, client, and administrative) without needing to be micromanaged
* Carry a full work load (15 to 30 low to mid complexity plans); and contribute to team and firm initiatives while consistently producing timely and quality work
* Assist colleagues as needed
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and/or participating in professional organizations.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
* Strong internal and external communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Basic grasp of financial concepts, terms, and benchmarks
* Basic grasp of financial math concepts such as capitalization-weighting, net cash flow, time-weighted rates of return, and geometric compounding
* Analytical skills
* Ability to manage and manipulate data
* Ability to problem-solve independently
* Proven initiative to improve processes or create efficiencies
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work independently, within a team environment
* Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to effectively communicate progress and follow through on assigned tasks
* Strong internal and external client service and interpersonal skills Ability to perform a variety of highly responsible, complex, and confidential functions involving the use of independent judgment, problem solving skills, and personal initiative
* Ability to analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action
* Strong work ethic; able and willing to work more than 40 hours per week when needed (deadlines and/or workload may require 50 to 60 hour weeks and include evening and weekend time)
* Friendly, professional work demeanor
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude even under the most stressful situations
* Good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, and/or a related field.
* Entry-level position, therefore, no prior work experience is required, but finance related internships are preferred.
* Knowledge of the financial services industry helpful, but not required.
Interested candidates must submit their information through the company web site at www.rvkinc.com. Click on Contacts and then go to Career Opportunities.
Submit a cover letter detailing how your work and/or academic experience meet the job requirements. Only those candidates whose qualifications meet the job requirements will be contacted.
No phone calls or faxes please. No temporary agencies please.
RVK offers compensation commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, pre-tax flexible spending and dependent care, pre-tax transportation benefit, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement (once eligible and with manager approval), and a generous Paid-Time-Off Program (PTO). Come join a company that rewards hard work and appreciates its employees!
All applications must be through the company website. No direct solicitations will be accepted. RVK supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.