A Family for Every Child is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) child welfare organization. Our mission is to find loving, permanent families for all waiting foster children. Based in Eugene, Oregon, AFFEC works nationally to ensure foster care is only a temporary solution for any child, as all children have the right to grow up in a loving, supportive, permanent home.
Volunteers will work in partnership with the Permanency Director to maintain program quality and develop new projects within the program (i.e.- improved wellness surveys, advance check-in systems, etc.). It will be the responsibility of the volunteer/interns to work directly with the Permanency Director to perform administrative work, search for and acquire new sources of donation/funding, and assist in any needs of matches within the program.
* Use designated outreach tools to contact mentors and wider community regarding upcoming events or program news.
* Cultivate relationships throughout the community with donors.
* Facilitate resources required by mentor/mentee pairs.
* Assist Permanency Director in grant reporting Maintenance of client files.
* Assist Permanency Director in administration work.
* Complete a background check as required by the State.
* Complete in-office program orientation.
* Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Well organized and able to meet deadlines.