Marker Gene Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a part time (transitioning to full time) Laboratory Technician in our Cell Biology Research Department. The position will be based in Eugene, Oregon. The successful candidate will support laboratory staff by performing routine cell culture, running cell assays, preparing media and buffers, and maintaining laboratory supplies and glassware. Additionally the successful candidate will play a role in the development and production of new products.
• Hold or be working towards Bachelor's Degree in cell biology, biochemistry, biology molecular biology or a related science field with 0-3 years laboratory experience.
• Prerequisite experience in cell biology and tissue culture techniques for culture of mammalian cell lines including both adherent and suspension cultures, experience working with leukocytes is preferred.
• Experience in statistical design of experiments, bioinformatics and statistical analysis methods preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with mammalian cells at various experimental scales ranging from micro-titer plates to large scale culture
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work efficiently and independently to accomplish project objectives.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks efficiently.
• Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to work well as a member of a team of interdisciplinary scientists and professionals.
For consideration for this position, please forward to us your resume and a cover letter describing your experience, career objectives, current and previous positions. For BS level applicants, please provide unofficial college or university transcripts including cumulative GPA and any published manuscripts. Please also include the names of three professional references, whom we may contact regarding your qualifications. References will not be contacted unless notified.