Tutor international students in content areas (in particular Economics courses), academic processes, and time management skills.
· Tutors facilitate midterm and final exam review groups.
· Tutors have regular weekly meetings with targeted students who may need academic help or in academic jeopardy (low GPA).
· Tutors are required to participate all meetings and trainings scheduled by the supervisor that take place Tuesday from 6-7:30pm on Week 2, Week 5 and Week 9. (Tutor should NOT schedule class or club activities at this time).
· Tutors are required to maintain records for all appointments.
· Tutors are responsible for keeping their appointments and study sessions learning-focused.
· Tutors will participate in training sessions throughout the term, and work closely with the staff and other tutors as part of an interactive team.
· Tutors are expected to be proactive in communicating with the ISAS staff about scheduling, tutoring, and student related matters.
· Junior or Senior undergraduate students or graduate students
· A cumulative 3.3 GPA or above
· Must be responsible and professional, familiar with content of 200 and 300 levels ECON classes
· Have detailed knowledge of micro- and/or macro-economics
· Capacity to lead students in reviewing both course content and study skills
· Rapport and patience with a diverse student body
· Clear, effective and excellent communication skills
· A positive attitude and desire to empower others to achieve academic success
· Ability to work up to 10 hours/week
Read applicant requirements first and download application from Google Doc, fill it out and send DIGITAL COPY only to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org