The volunteer/intern in this position will be responsible for finding local events to attend and promote the Sponsorship Program.
Under the supervision of the Sponsorship Program Director, the intern will:
* Identify local events where the Sponsorship Program can be promoted.
* Make contact with proper personnel to have a table at event.
* Set up, supervise, and clean up the booth.
* Attend at least one event per month.
* Be able to speak to each and every program.
* Be familiar with the literature related to the program.
* Be passionate about the program’s mission.
* Schedule will include a few days a week in and out of the office doing research and scheduling events, as well as attending the actual event.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Research expertise.
* Knowledge about organization and programs.
* Event experience desirable.
* Be Salesforce trained or trainable.
* Well organized, with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
* Ability to meet deadlines.