The Heart Gallery is a traveling "art exhibit" of photographs of local and nationwide children who are currently in foster care and waiting to be adopted. Since A Family For Every Child was founded, more than 500 foster children have been featured in Heart Galleries, and more than 250 have found their forever families. We are looking for a volunteer to help perform tasks related to putting together and running our Heart Galleries.
Under the supervision of the Heart Gallery Director and the intern/volunteer will:
* Coordinate venue volunteers.
* Order monthly portraits.
* Put together/update image and bio packets for our volunteer to pick up .
* Work as part of a team to brainstorm new ways to create visibility for the Heart Gallery.
* Outreach to new venues.
* Minimum commitment of 6-9 hours per week, depending on the time of the month. Most of the work updated takes place either the first or the last week of the month.
* Computer skills/data entry.
* Well organized, attention to detail, and the ability to carry out tasks independently.
* Open to new ideas and able to work well as part of a group.
* Ability to meet deadlines.