A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern who is interested in planning an online event. It could be a dance-a-thon using YouTube, an online auction, family photo contest, etc. The goals of the event are to raise funds for AFFEC, draw people to the organization’s website, create partnerships, and build awareness.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
* Research other online event and write-up options.
* Detail a description of each event and what would be needed.
* Work with supervisor to decide on first event.
* Plan a timeline and create a budget.
* Plan marketing calendar.
* Work with team to lay out a webpage.
* Build email template, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools.
* Enter data after event is over.
* Make plan for next year’s event (if an annual event).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Event planning experience a plus.
* Computer skills/ data entry.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
* Well organized, with attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks independently.
* Ability to meet deadlines.