A Family For Every Child is seeking a volunteer/intern to help plan and carry out the organization’s annual Winter Wonderland event. This event benefiting foster children consists of a dinner, auction packages both silent and live, a dessert dash, a wine wall selection, and a beautiful holiday celebration.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
* Research last two Winter Wonderland events and write up changes needed, goals for the next year, funding and attendee’s, partners, new ideas, new funding sources, new sponsors, etc.
* Compile team of past volunteers, asses supplies we have from previous years, and plan for needed growth in the current year.
* Interview past volunteers to create plan for the current year, assign committee heads, and identify new needs.
* Recruit, train, and engage new volunteers, venues, or partners needed.
* Plan a timeline for tasks to be completed, who needs to be involved, what is needed, and create a budget.
* Plan Marketing Calendar, social media plan, and Advertising campaign.
* Work with web team to lay out web pages.
* Build email templates, press releases, PSAs, and other marketing tools.
* Carry out annual event, evaluate event, thank all partners, and enter all data.
* Make plan for next year’s event.
* Event planning experience.
* Experience with contacting donors/sales.
* Web and social media experience.
* Advertising and marketing experience.
* Business and budgeting knowledge.
* Comfortable communicating with different groups of people, skilled at sharing interest and enthusiasm with others.
* Excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.