This 10-week summer program provides students a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience during the summer at Kroger’s General Merchandise Office. Selected students will work with a team to gain an understanding of the corporate merchandising function, while working under the supervision of a buyer or a planner. Students will work on real business projects, attend leadership classes, meet with and gain exposure to upper management in a variety of ways and present their projects to the entire General Merchandising Team at the end of the experience.
After successful completion of the Kroger General Merchandising Program, students will have the option for interviewing for full time employment in the General Merchandising Training program following graduation.
Essential Job Functions:
• Train in a merchandising department
• Participate in meetings
• Complete specific internship assignments
• Complete cumulative project (summary of internship accomplishments) and present to leadership team
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Sophomore standing or higher at an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Good verbal and written communication skills; proficient in creative writing and grammar
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Responds to change as a positive challenge
• Significant level of multi-tasking required
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Commitment to providing customer service
• Good organizational skills.
Submit resume through DuckConnect.