The intern/volunteer in this position will work with the Executive Director to identify funding opportunities including grants, request for proposals (RFPs), Family Foundation, Business/Organization, and other development opportunities.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the intern/volunteer will:
* Research funding resources and identify ones that are a good match for our organization.
* Build a funding calendar.
* Research partnerships with businesses for large in-kind donations.
* Begin outreach, develop relationships, and enter all information in our database.
* Make sure all needed documents related to funding are on the web and up-to-date.
* Develop processes for follow-up and thank-you notes.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Computer skills/data entry.
* Experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
* Well organized, with attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks independently.
* Ability to meet deadlines.