A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern who can provide administrative support to the agency’s Volunteer Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator, the volunteer/intern will:
* Provide excellent service to prospective volunteers and community partners, via phone, correspondence, and in person.
* Post and recruit people to volunteer positions on Craigslist, 211, United Way, and University listing websites, among other volunteer recruitment and social media websites.
* Speak and perform outreach in the community for volunteers.
* Update and edit job descriptions, which may or may not include merging or eliminating old job descriptions or creating new job descriptions.
* Assist in training, recruiting, and appreciation of duties and time spent.
* Always look for ways we can use volunteers and the gifts/skills they offer.
* Receive first notice of volunteers--being first contact, documenting and updating in Salesforce, building all files needed, and directing to appropriate program or process.
* Build corporate and business partnerships for volunteers and locate opportunities for employees to serve volunteer hours.
* Connect with all programs and communicate with them about their volunteer needs.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Computer skills/data entry.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
* Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Phone and email communication skills.