A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers to work within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Lifeskills program will cooperate in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to plan, organize and help run Lifeskills classes for youth in our mentor program. It will be the responsibility of the volunteer to contact possible instructors for classes focused on life skills, such as meditation, self-defense, or journaling.
* Cultivate relationships with possible teachers in the community who will lead classes.
* Outreach to mentors to let them know about the upcoming classes.
* Collect donations that serve as incentives for youth.
* Locate and secure locations to serve as class space for the class.
* Complete a background check as required by the State.
* Complete in-office program orientation.
* Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
* Experience in event organization/donation cultivation.
* Passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.