A Family For Every Child seeks engaged, passionate volunteers to work within the Permanency programs. Volunteers in the Waiting Youth Outing program will work in partnership with the Permanency Director and the Permanency Coordinator to plan, coordinate and attend outings for the youth on our wait list for a mentor.
* Cultivate relationships with resources in the community where the outing will be located.
* Outreach to families to let them know about the outing and coordinate pick-up/drop-off.
* Collect donations that serve as extras for youth- food for lunches, etc.
* Plan out events for months in advance.
* If applicable, attend the outings.
* Complete a background check as required by the State.
* Complete in-office program orientation.
* Ability to work well with youth.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate with diverse populations.
* Well organized and able to meet deadlines.
* Experience in child care or donation collection.
* Passion for improving outcomes for youth in the child welfare system.