Our Service Center Consultants provide high level customer service to College Planners and College Planning families and supports Student Positioning Counselors. This professional is responsible for maintaining the standards and integrity of the CFSC, sustaining an efficient sales and servicing process and is accountable to the Director of the West Coast Service Center.
The successful candidate for this position will exemplify the CFSC Core Values:
Our Planners: We value the success and profitability of our planners as the foundation of our work.
Our Families: We value the success and well-being of our families as the foundation of our work.
Our People: We build community with compassion, cooperation, collaboration and trust. We respect each other with open communication and transparency.
Personal Efficacy: We provide leadership and take personal responsibility. We work with enthusiasm, positivity and passion.
Growth and Development: We grow and adapt to change with creativity, innovation and flexibility both as individuals and as a group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn and master our turn-key service model
• Serve as a primary customer service contact for the College Funding Service Center, West Coast office. The professional in this position will communicate by phone and email with planners and families, and respond to inquiries and problem solve daily.
• Serve as a primary contact for students and parents engaged with the CFSC.
• Provide excellent customer service and relevant information to incoming and current students, parents and college planners.
• Work as an effective team player, build effective working relationships with the CFSC staff and college planners.
• Maintain a positive and flexible attitude and provide constructive feedback within the team.
• Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request; This job also requires an ability and willingness to work overtime during times of high activity and as determined by management.
• We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to learn and master turn-key service model
• Experience working in a busy administration department
• High School Diploma with minimum two year's work experience
• Experience working in a customer-focused environment
• Approachable, with the ability to be assertive and constructive when required
• Ability to communicate, build and manage relationships with peers, senior managers, parents and students from a range of linguistic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good IT skills and knowledge of key Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Cultural sensitivity, maturity and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with international students
• Experience dealing with challenging customers and stakeholders
• The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Flexibility and willingness to undertake and learn new tasks
• Good team player
• Must pass a background check, and have the ability to be legally employed in the US
To apply submit ONE Word or PDF document containing a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Cori Murphy, email@example.com.
Applicants will be required to take an on-line career assessment. First round of interviews will be conducted over the telephone.
Expected start date Nov 15, 2017
College Funding Service Center, PO Box 40763, Eugene, OR 97404. Phone: 860-910-4556