A Family For Every Child is looking for a volunteer/intern to represent our agency as our receptionist, answer phones and perform a variety of front desk administrative tasks.
Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the intern/volunteer will:
* Greet visitors in a professional manner.
* Assist families by providing information about adoption and foster care.
* Process and route incoming emails.
* Answer emails as determined.
* Send, receive, and route faxes.
* Process donations, checks, contacts, and other documents and record into database.
* Pick up mail daily, process, and distribute.
* Word processing of letters, documents, reports and spreadsheets as needed.
* Create templates, flyers, and other communication tools.
* Understand the concerns of our families as well as the roles our programs play by reading handouts etc. and learning about our agency and what we do.
* Assist with other general administrative tasks.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate and interact with diverse populations.
* Strong phone skills and ability to listen, empathize, and provide applicable information.
* Computer skills/data entry.
* Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
* Ability to handle interruptions and prioritize tasks.
* Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out work independently.