***Applicants with Work Study will be given priority***
This position serves to design program materials and videos for training, promotions and marketing.
• Using extensive advanced computer programs and subsequent equipment, develop, design and create innovative educational media such as signs, posters, brochures, educational support material as per Program Manager
• Create, edit, update Program educational and training videos
• Create, edit and update program manuals and other educational signage, displays, media
• Create professional media for daily in-house trainings and operations as well as larger scale educational campaigns that are utilized for the website, competitions and other
• Work with Administrative Services Manager, Program staff and other student coordinators on educational campaigns, to video and develop activities
• Perform research and do writing to supplement graphics
• Research and script program training and educational/promotional videos
• Recommend visuals and medium
• Design and create professional tabling displays, signage and other items as needed
• Take photographs of program staff, equipment and giveaways for newsletters and website
• Brainstorm other media opportunities
• Develop reuse art workshops, collect materials
• Make silk screen images for t-shirts
• Design logos and t-shirt designs
• Work on developing Recyclemania scoreboard, competition graphics and other media related to the national competition
• Create PowerPoint slides and media for budget presentations, conference presentations and promotional opportunities
• Develop projects for reuse workshops
• Research other media utilized at other collegiate zero waste and sustainability programs
• Work with other student administrative staff on educational media development including games, displays and other
• Present educational ideas and proposals to program staff
• As necessary, work Zero Waste Operations Assistant 2 shifts as needed; function as a back-up for same, as needed
• Work as fill in for absent Operations Assistants, work special events as needed
• Assist Managers and Coordinators in checking in Crew, communicating route information and checking out crew when Manager or Coordinators are unavailable
The Student Graphic-Video Designer works primarily indoors in an office setting. However, regular duties will also include working outdoors in weather that may be inclement or extreme, and in indoor settings where temperatures, lighting, noise levels and air quality may vary.
The must be available to be scheduled in minimum 2-hour blocks of time between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some weekend and evening work as needed. This position, as with all student recycling positions, is required to work Move-outs and Move-ins. Weekend and evening work as available. Work at large events and educational events upon request.
*Preference given to applicants with a valid driver's license and good driving record and ability to drive all program vehicles.
-Working knowledge of or ability to learn and use common computer software, including: MS Word, MS Excel, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design) and other as future needs determine
-Good communication, public relations, and customer service skills
-Ability to work well with little or no direct supervision
-Demonstrated ability to create, develop materials/props/displays educational campaigns
Please follow this link to the employment application:
**Please use the Word document application form**
Fill out the form, sign it, and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please title the subject line "Your Name-Graphic Video Designer". If you need accommodations with submitting your application, please contact us via the email above.
*Incomplete applications and/or those not submitted correctly will not be reviewed.