Embark Internship – Audit
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 152 countries and have 189,000 people working in member firms around the world.
What is Audit? Visit this link for a brief video description.
KPMG strongly believes in the importance of internships. The Embark program is the first step in building your career at KPMG LLP. The program is designed to provide diverse students with valuable experiences that include professional development, client service and an opportunity to start building a strong network of professional relationships that can help build your future career. This multi-year experience is designed for students who have two or more summers or winters available to intern before graduation
An independent audit is one of the foundations for establishing trust in the capital markets. KPMG LLP understands and values their role in the capital markets and continually seeks to enhance the perception of our profession by supporting our people, strengthening quality, and affirming the importance of trust and integrity.
At KPMG, our approach is to deliver a quality audit that is tailored to an entity’s operational structure and size. To further enhance our audit approach to a financial statement audit, our professionals use a multidisciplinary approach to combine such technical knowledge and skill sets as tax, forensics, IT and valuation.
Visit the KPMG Audit website to learn more about our services.
• Professional Development and Training – You will have the opportunity to learn about our firm, culture and technology through a variety of presentations and online training courses your first week. Additionally, you will participate in an interactive conference designed specifically for Embark Interns. This conference will help you to further develop your skills and knowledge during your internship.
• Assignments – You will be assigned various projects and responsibilities throughout the internship to help you gain a better understanding of KPMG LLP and a career with a professional services firm. We feel on-the-job experiences are some of the best forms of professional development.
• The Performance Management Process – This process is designed to help you have a successful internship experience. You will be provided with a team of people that will serve as a resource for your growth and development during your internship. They will also provide you with the tools to manage your career. You will be assigned a performance manager who will provide you with your responsibilities and oversee your performance. At the beginning of your internship you will set goals and to help you assess how you measure against your goals, you will receive formal feedback from your performance manager. This process will help you identify strengths and areas for improvement. You will also be assigned a mentor who will serve as a personal, professional and social resource during your internship. Your mentor will help guide you through your internship and expose you to various opportunities.
• Technology –Your internship will expose you to KPMG technology and how we utilize technology everyday in our profession. You will also be provided a laptop to utilize for the duration of your internship.
• Networking –A number of social activities are planned throughout the internship program, allowing you the opportunity to bond with other interns and meet other KPMG professionals in a fun and relaxing environment.
Why an internship?
Internships are more than just a job and a paycheck. Internships offer you the opportunity to:
• Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
• Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
• Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities that you can aspire to
• Gain Experience - acquiring valuable and relevant experience will make you more marketable to future employers
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Compensation may vary based on degree and location.
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.
©2017 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
• Applicants must be from a traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority group within the professional services industry
• Effective communication, leadership and time management skills
• Strong technical ability to meet our business objectives
• Ability to work on a team and strive for personal effectiveness and professionalism
• Interest in a profession in accounting
• Applicants should have two or three years remaining in their education before being eligible for full time employment. 2018 program participants should have a final graduation date of Summer 2020 or 2021.
• Applicants must be pursuing an accounting, finance or IT degree and be interested in pursuing a career with a professional services firm
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Please inquire via the link below: