The Associate HR Manager provides the full range of HR support to the Auburn facility in the areas of positive employee relations, talent acquisition and retention, employee development, compensation, and benefits administration. The position is also responsible for supporting the site’s Environmental, Safety, and Health program.
The Associate HR Manager will report to the Human Resource Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drives positive employee relations, including partnering with the HR Manager to help support the Building a Better Workplace initiative.
• Coaches leaders on employee development needed to continue to build organizational capability.
• Develops and supports recruitment strategy for non-exempt and some leadership positions across the site.
• Manages the compensation and performance evaluation program for non-exempt employee population.
• Partners with HR Manager to drive safety programs and maintain OSHA records.
• Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Acts as local SOX Coordinator and Project Manage quarterly SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) testing at facility. Work with leadership team to monitor, coordinate, and comply with all SOX testing requirements
• Supports benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Assists in maintaining affirmative action program; filing EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Considerable knowledge of HR principles and practices
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
• Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, OSHA and related state and federal regulations
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Able to work productively and independently
• Strong Project Management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized.
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with administration of workers compensation programs preferred
• SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) reporting experience is preferred but not required
Experience & Education
-Bachelor's degree combined with 3 - 5 years of Human Resources experience
-Master’s degree with 1-3 years of work experience