The Career Education Advisor and Enrollment Specialist serves as a member of the Student Services team under the direction of the Director of Student Services. The person is responsible for advising, recruitment, retention and mentoring of students. The positon will perform overall Student Services processes of admissions, registration, record keeping, data security, and function as a team member linking students with campus services/resources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Career Education Advising
• Train and mentor student in the creation and maintenance of individual Career Education Plan for each degree/certificate seeking student.
• Monitor Career Education Plans and advise students on their progress so that students accomplish their goals.
• Support the success of at-risk-students through the use of multiple methods and processes and connects to all resources
• Use multiple options to assist students including but not limited to in-person, email, and telephone, career fairs, employer information days, etc.
• Support the transition of entering students to TBCC.
• Facilitate coordination of activities in local high schools that support currently enrolled high school students in preparation for or in the transition from high school to college.
• Understand, interpret and apply the policies and procedures related to academic advising.
• Perform graduation/diploma degree audits and transcript evaluations for application of credit to TBCC transcript.
• Play a role in the creation and support of first-term student success activities and processes such as new student advising, orientation, and new student activities.
• Responsible for obtaining faculty and staff support for new student and first-year experience activities and needs.
• Independently perform Student Services processes of admissions, registration, and add/drop of courses efficiently, accurately, and effectively.
• Answer questions and demonstrate processes in order to mentor students in learning how to access college information.
• Participate in the recommendation and implementation and/or revision of administrative rules and procedures related to Student Services.
• Participate in the development of processes that (1) support accurate records, (2) encourage student responsibility, (3)promote college image to students and community, (4) allow effective function of all areas of Student Services.
• Use procedures that ensure the integrity of student data.
• Maintain confidentiality of all student information.
• Be able to communicate formally and informally with a wide range of contacts with diplomacy, friendliness, poise, and confidence.
• Assist students, faculty, staff, and community members with general questions pertaining to admissions, graduation, financial aid, registration, advising, and other student services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; additional position related education, training, and experience working in a post secondary education institution is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience and skills to facilitate problem solving
• Ability to have patience, non-judgmental attitude and positive can do orientation to life
• Strong presentation and organizational skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Experience interacting with outside agency/partners
• Make referrals to other college offices/personnel
• Ability to resolve academic or personal conflicts
• Knowledge and familiarity with higher educational students and setting
• Computer Skills including word processing, data base and Excel.
• Master’s Degree
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish
• Five years of experience in advising/counseling role:
o Academic/educational planning
o In a higher education setting
o Monitor, evaluate, and support satisfactory academic process of students
Position Open until filled
First review of applications: November 6, 2017
To print application go to http://tillamookbaycc.edu/tbcc-employment-opportunities/ and choose the staff application packet. Application cannot be filled out on-line.
Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a full resume with at least a minimum of three references to: email@example.com
Applications may also be mailed to: Tillamook Bay Community College Attn. Human Resources 4301 Third Street Tillamook, OR, 97141
• Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
• Candidate selected for hire must provide official academic transcripts.
• Applicants must be prepared to interview at their own expense.